Importance of salt in dairy products and sodium reduction strategies in food and dairy products these foods is decreasing significantly. Although salt gains importance in terms of preserving the microbiological properties of foods as well as enhancing the sensory properties, it has negative effects on the human health. Apart from lowering the level of salt added to products there are a number of solution we as SALT Minerals can offer to reduce the sodium content in processed foods. Our ultimate goal is to offer solutions to reduced sodium meat products that consumers can enjoy as part of an ongoing healthier diet and lifestyle.
Function of Sodium Chloride in dairy products:
In general, the functions of sodium chloride in meat are summarized as:
• Sensory effect by imparting flavor
• Microbial stability and lowering the water activity
• Quality enhancing functions
REFORMULATION APPROACH FOR SODIUM REDUCTION IN THE MEAT INDUSTRY:
• Potassium Chloride: The replacement of salt with potassium chloride does not result in any significant production disadvantages but has an adverse impact on the flavor and microbial stability of dairy products once the substitution level rises above 30-50% of sodium chloride
• Replacement of sodium containing ingredients (e. g. Sodiumlactate) with the corresponding potassium minerals (e. g. Potassiumlactate)
• Mineral Salts (K/Mg/Ca): Dairy products prepared with this solution were found to be comparable to regular dairy products up to a level of 25-50% replacement
We as SALT Minerals are experts in regards of sodium replacement and we have developed different options to reduce the sodium content
Now available as the most effective sodium replacer in the processed food market. Used as a partial replacement for sodium chloride allowing the sodium content in the final product to be reduced by up to 70% with no significant change in end product taste, texture or quality.
Provides a complete low sodium solution for manufacturers that are currently using sodium lactate.
Provides a complete low sodium solution for manufacturers that are currently using sodium carbonate.
Provides a complete low sodium solution for manufacturers that are currently using sodium bicarbonate. Clearly, it is a healthier alternative to sodium bicarbonate. Used in the meat and baking industries. A simple replacement can reduce the sodium uptake up to a 50% whilst retaining the most important quality parameters.
Provides a complete low sodium solution for manufacturers that are currently using sodium acetate.
MinSal-Pro is a purely mineral diet salt, that reduces (in comparison to common
table salt) Sodium by 60%, providing full taste of Sea Salt.
MinSal-Light is a purely mineral diet salt, that reduces (in comparison to
common table salt) Sodium by 30%, providing full taste of Sea Salt.
MinSal-TM is a purely mineral premix designed and adapted to your formulation and demand.
MinSal-One Grain is a natural low sodium salt with 30-40% less sodium by nature designed for clean labeling.